Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Other Than That

Blame it on the weather, the lack of sunlight, P.M.S, hunger, S.A.D, el nino, the economy, and/or global warming, but I've noticed my last few posts have had a bit of a negative undertone. TODAY, I've decided to try something new. I'm giving this optimism thing a whirl, SO:

Despite waking up at 6 a.m. to SNOW. Despite the scale showing a 2 lb weight gain when I’m really trying to make it go the other way. Despite running out of hairspray and having my replacement hairspray smell like old lady perfume. Despite my FAVORITE cottage cheese being on sale at Albertson's and SOLD OUT. Despite missing the first half of the Biggest Loser and not knowing if Mike pulled through with a 10 lb weight loss. Despite a painful dental visit WITHOUT Novocain or laughing gas. Despite my phone bill coming in at $100. Despite dropping one of my fake diamond stud earrings and rummage through the garbage to recover it. Despite being called “sexy” by an OLD man at the gym. Despite a broken toilet seat and despite my pico de gallo being frozen... this was just the kind of day I was hoping for…

3 comments:

Gibsons said...

Christin, this is your mother. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. It's all part of what makes you better in the end. After all, we have the power to turn weaknesses into strenghths! Love ya!

jill said...

when life gives you lemons, ask where's the salt?!? and make a margarita. clink! hope your next day is even more entertaining then your last!

Katie Jo said...

Ok seriously I am laughing out loud. It's all about attitude huh? Screw attitude.