Friday, October 17, 2008

...In Bed

Little World is my Chinese of choice in Salt Lake. Now, this little gem is not a really fancy establishment. I mean, you walk in and think “I may catch cryptosporidium or lockjaw” but don’t worry the food is great and they provide plenty of sugar packet to stabilize the tables, (it takes exactly 3)… and I love it! I love the seeing the plucked duck carcasses in the back, I love the woman always snapping beans at one of the tables, I love looking at my Chinese fortune on the paper place mat (I'm a boar), I love the slight fear that I may find something unwanted in my beef and broccoli (like a band-aid or a cockroach) and I love the Chinese language lesson that comes with my fortune cookie “Wo mi lu, English translation: I’m lost”.

I never leave Little Word disappointed. Ya, it’s a little sketchy, but I have yet to catch norwalk or the bird flu. On my last visit, however, I did get a little more than I bargained for… Let’s just say that when you have long legs, you probably shouldn’t cross them under a gum laden table…


3 comments:

Megs said...

change my blog to megrolltheeggroll.blogspot.com... you will find me there. disgusting picture of the gum by the way!

Dana said...

Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahbrowniz said...

Disgusting, in a really cool way. nice nails.