Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back in the Summer of '69

I wouldn’t say I am an old soul, however I do like things that old people like. For example, I love myself some shredded wheat, oatmeal raisin cookies, plain oatmeal for that matter, prunes, sweater vests, card games that aren’t poker, all- you- can- eat buffets, Sunday’s obituaries, stories about sickness and death, Alaska and good ol’ cross stitching, you know like grandma use to make…



Well, maybe not cross stitching.

I was a little curious to see if I really was old, what I would look like back in the day. As they say curiosity killed the cat, so let’s take a walk down memory lane shall we:

Back in 1958 I was quite the catch!

My senior year in 1960. Man I miss those glasses.

Here is a little snapshot of what my mom looked like in 1966.

Back in 1976 I really loved the song "All by Myself"


Prom night 1984.

The first time I permed my hair in 1986. I wanted to look like Blanche from the Golden Girls.

And finally, I really reached my prime in 1994. In the words of the Crash Test Dummies "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm"




5 comments:

Gibsons said...

Holy crap! That's all I have to say? Do I dare admit that I have one frighteningly similar to the last? Ouch! You're spot on to mom by the way!

Kate said...

i peed a little when i read this...

sarahbrowniz said...

i just snorted in the library

Whitney said...

kristin, your blog is freakin hilarious! i laughed out loud. people in my office are looking at me weird.

Whitney said...

and i just spelled your name wrong! what is my problem? i know your name starts with a "c"!