Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Reality Check

I'm wearing a pair of corduroy capris today. I think they look pretty fantastic if I may say so myself. Corduroy is a great fabric that is structured enough to be fairly forgiving to my pear shape, given the right cut. I love my corduroy capris.

What I don't love about my corduroy capris is the fact that I can't hide the reality the my thighs rub together when I walk. It makes a very distinctive swishing sound, comparable to the back up beeper on a backhoe. Its like my own personal warning beacon (caution thunder thighs on the move) and this warning signal makes me just insecure enough to diminish the confidence that the fit and cut gives me.

But I do look great when I'm standing still...

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yes, my dream has come true! You joined the Blogging world...and I think you know how I feel about the cordiroy. Sorry about that!

Whitney said...

hahaha, i love this post! because i know you look hot in these capris, but why i am laughing is just yesterday i said, i wish someday i could wear my pants and not have my thighs rub together! and i wish you could see daylight between my legs while i am standing! bott, i didn't know you had a blog until i found you on kate's and then i saw you linked ours to yours! i will link your blog to ours. i am so glad i found your blog!

Megs said...

ohh the blogging world keeps growing. loook at that! yahoo Christin... good work, and welcome!

Kate said...

Um....so the point of hte BLOG is to update....more than once a month...its proper BLOG etiquette

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Haha, oh my goodness. I outright giggled at this one... It's all too true! Pear shapes need to unite and have a non-noisy corduroy! :) Love ya

sarahbrowniz said...

I love you. And I have one question: Are they itchy? back when the lees family used to dress me, i had a courderoy jumper and all the seems were so itchy! Though am very sure your newfound capris look hot, the thought of wearing courderoy again makes my skin go crazy!